Saturday, November 12, 2011

Nike+Women's Half Marathon January 2012

I'm thinking of signing up for this. It benefits the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, the registration fee is $40.00, and you can run it anywhere, as long as you synch with your Nike+

Nike+Women's Half Marathon January 15, 2012 Registration
(https://www.signmeup.com/site/online-event-registration/79166#.Tr8OjUEsl18.blogger)

"Description: Want more NWM? You got it, sister. Lace up and sync up for the Nike+ Women’s Half Marathon!

When: January 15, 2012.

Where: Run where you are, anywhere in the world. Plot the course of your choice with Nike+ and join us in crossing a virtual finish line on the big day.

Distance: Minimum of a Half Marathon (13.1 miles or more).

Reward: Sync with a Nike+ device to nikeplus.com and get an exclusive finisher bracelet designed by Hurley (mailed 4-6 weeks after the run).*"

UPDATE: I've decided that I'm going to sign up for this instead of torturing myself next month with the Ted Corbitt 15K in Central Park.  The Nike+ Women's Half Marathon will benefit the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, a cause I'm very involved with (http://pages.teamintraining.org/nyc/nj12/crawlcarolcrawl). Some of my Team in Training team mates may also be doing this as a group thing and I can join them. Or,if the weather sucks, I can always choose a route that starts and ends at home. Can't beat the flexibility!

No comments:

Post a Comment