Monday, October 1, 2012

Why I'm Making Strides - Central Park NY 2012




Recently, I had a bit of a scare. I went for a mammogram, and got a call from my doctor that my results were abnormal, and that a second mammogram was needed. I scheduled my appointment, and began the nerve-wracking experience of worrying and waiting. The day of the second mammogram came, and after the films were taken, I was led into the ultrasound room for additional imaging. To say I was scared would have been an understatement. Fortunately, the radiologist was able to determine that the nodule was not cancerous. However, it was deep, and hard to determine what it was. A few weeks ago, I had a biopsy. The results came in a few days ago. It was a fibroid. I heaved a huge sigh of relief. My lump was not cancerous.

I was lucky. Many women are not. I don't know how I would've handled it had my lump turned out to be breast cancer. This is why I am Making Strides.

2012 Making Strides of Central Park NY

'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment