Friday, May 3, 2013

Charity Walks, Fun Runs & Half Marathons - OH, MY!!!

Looks like I'm going to be pretty active in the next few months!

First up, this Sunday, I will be walking in Walk Now for Autism Speaks. As some of you know, my nephew Jonathan has autism. This will be his first walkathon, and I'll be walking with him at Citi Field, along with my sister, brother-in-law, my niece and some of her friends. If you would like to make a donation to support our team, Jonathan's Bunch, you may do so at: http://www.walknowforautismspeaks.org/nyc/crawlcarolcrawl



Next up, on Sunday, July 21st, I've registered for the NYRR Queens 10K in Flushing Meadows Corona Park. I've come to learn that 10K is a really good distance for me, and hopefully the weather will be a lot nicer than it was for the March Disco Half Marathon.

Then, on Saturday, July 27th, I'm signed up for a 5K that REALLY looks like FUN!!! It's the LivingSocial's Glow-in-the-Dark 5K Dance Party at Citi Field. It's a nighttime event, and like the two previous events above, it's really close to home. If this sounds like it might be up your alley, you can find out more info, and sign up here:
https://www.livingsocial.com/deals/688950?ref=personalized-link-box-115854160_share&rpi=115854160
You have until July to take advantage of the special deal on registration.

Finally, on or around the anniversary of Hurricane Sandy, I will be participating in CareRunners Race to Remember Sandy Virtual 5K/10K/Half Marathon. I signed up for the Half Marathon option, because if you sign up for it and do the run/walk - you get BLING!!! (Let's face it - we all like a little race BLING for our efforts.) Since it's a virtual event, there's no time limit - you can take ALL DAY to finish (not that I plan to).

No comments:

Post a Comment