Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Next Up on My Charity Walk/Race Calendar...

Looks like my charity walk/race calendar is starting to fill up for end of summer/ early fall!

Somewhere between August 17th-August 23, I'll be participating in something new that looks interesting. It's The Hangover Run 5K/10K/Half Marathon, and I've wisely opted for the 10K option. The event is organized by an organization called Will Run for Bling and Charity. Will Run for Bling is a virtual race company that provides runners and walkers with opportunities to participate virtual races with different themes. The races can be done at any location, at any speed. They benefit various charities, and you get BLING!!! The theme for August's race is the movie "The Hangover", and it will benefit the Lupus Foundation of America. The medal looks like this:



On Saturday, September 7th, I will be walking with some of my fellow NYC Team in Training friends in the 5th Annual T.E.A.L. Walk/Run. T.E.A.L. stands for "Tell Every Amazing Lady About Ovarian Cancer". I'm signed up for the 5K Run option, and I'm using the term "run" very loosely. However, I've started using a Couch to 5K (C25K) app on my phone, so who knows? I may actually run this one.



On Sunday, October 20th, I will be participating in the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk in Central Park. This one is 5 miles, and I'll be doing it with some of my Abby Normal Paranormal friends. If you would like to make a donation to support breast cancer research and patient programs, you may do so here: http://main.acsevents.org/goto/carolannem2013



On or around the anniversary of Hurricane Sandy, I will be participating in CareRunners Race to Remember Sandy Virtual 5K/10K/Half Marathon. I am signed up for the Half Marathon option, because if you sign up for it and do the run/walk - you get BLING!!! (And we all know, I'm ALL about the BLING.) I think a few of us are planning to get together and do this as a group in Central Park, but the details haven't been confirmed yet.


While I'm not yet registered for it, I also plan on signing up for one of my favorite annual races, the Race to Deliver, which benefits God's Love We Deliver, the tri-state area's leading provider of nutritious, individually-tailored meals to people who are too sick to shop or cook for themselves. This will be my third year doing this race. The first time I did it, was part of Team Sister Act, and was dressed in a nun's habit as Sister Mary Incognito. I've been coming back ever since!


No comments:

Post a Comment