Sunday, December 29, 2013

Somebody Up There Likes Me!



This weekend, we did a 5 mile training walk/run from Astoria Park to Roosevelt Island and back. In my case, there was no "and back", since I caught the subway back to Forest Hills for my Weight Watchers meeting, instead of walking back to Astoria Park.

Somebody up there really likes me, that's all I can say. The "Zombie Staircase" restroom was unlocked when we got there, which was perfect timing, since I was trying to figure out how I was going to make it halfway around the island to the tram restroom. We also had free pasta samples courtesy of one of the farmers market vendors, and my train was there within less than a minute of getting to the subway station. Somehow, by some miracle, I only gained .4 lbs over the holiday week. Like I said, somebody up there really likes me!

Please consider making a donation in support of my efforts on behalf of the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society at http://pages.teamintraining.org/nyc/halfnyc14/crawlcarolcrawl 
Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment