Thursday, March 20, 2014

Previously, on "Crawl, Carol, CRAWL!!!"...

Previously, on "Crawl, Carol, CRAWL!!!", I was, at some point, training for the NYC Half Marathon.

That didn't happen.

Due to health issues, primarily asthma-related, my training got seriously de-railed. However, all is not lost. My doctor wrote me a note (which makes me feel like I'm in high school again), my participation deferred to another Team in Training NYC event, and the related funds that I raised were rolled over and applied to my new race...

The Oakley New York Mini 10K!

This is "the world's original women-only road race", and I am seriously considering an attempt at :::gasp::: running it. Yeah, you read that right, I said "running it". So, while my training officially begins on Saturday, April 19th and runs (there's that "R-word" again) for 8 weeks, I am starting now. Now, as in today, I ran close to half of my miles this morning. No wheezing. No shortness of breath. I did not die from over-exertion. I am still very much alive - at least alive enough to write this, anyway.

I'm also ahead on my fundraising. Ahead as in already exceeded my goal. While I most definitely plan to continue my efforts, the fact that I do not have to stress out over fundraising while training is FANTASTIC!


Create Maps or search from 80 million at MapMyWalk

No comments:

Post a Comment